Peptides & Peptide Therapy
Peptides are short sequence of amino acids, 3-40 amino acids in length. Basically the are very small proteins. Biologically, peptides are signaling molecules, allowing communication between cells, and turning specific pathways on or off. They are powerful super-chargers of your biochemical construction crew. Peptides direct a wide range of biologic processes.
Peptide therapy is an exciting cutting-edge treatment that utilizes specific peptides to signal optimal messages for improved health. Under appropriate management, the benefits can be immense. Most often the administration is with a very small needle into the fat pad of the abdomen (subcutaneous injection). This is necessary, as being a protein, taking an oral capsule would lead to digestion/degradation of the peptide.
Who Can Benefit
The body is familiar with the peptides, as it uses them in its natural biological processes. Therefore the effects are specific, usually without untoward side-effects, and the break down pathways are already in place, making metabolism easy. Our peptides are bio-identical, having the exact structure of peptides synthesized by the body. Shape determines function in biochemistry, so bio-identical is a big key to their effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are peptides administered?
Are there side effects?
- itching at injection site
- dry mouth
- increase hunger
- darkening of moles
- weight loss
It is always better to consult with your practitioner. A proper and detailed assessment is must to know if peptide therapy is right for you.
What are benefits to peptide therapy?
- Increases development of lean muscle growth through the development of new muscle cells
- Improvements in workout and recovery
- Reduced body fat through lipolysis (fat breakdown)
- Increased energy, strength, and stamina
- Increase muscle mass, definition, and endurance
- Accelerates healing from wounds or surgery
- Strengthening of immune system
- Increased natural human growth hormone production
- Improved libido
- increased body’s ability to tan naturally
- Hair growth