PRP Facial Details
What It Is
A PRP Facial is a complete skin rejuvenation treatment that combines platelet rich plasma (PRP) and microneedling. The PRP is a concentrate of the healing growth factors from your own blood. Microneedling is a simple procedure that stimulates regeneration of the deeper layers of the skin. The fusion of the two supercharges the regeneration of the skin.
What It Does
A PRP Facial uses the natural healing growth factors that circulate in your own blood to rejuvenate your skin. These growth factors are concentrated into a regenerative serum that infuses the skin with the help of microneedling. The treatment breaks up uneven pigmentation and stimulates new collagen and elastin formation to improve thinning skin and restore the elasticity of your skin.
What To Expect
You will start to see the results of a PRP Facial within 5-7 days of treatment, but you wont see the full effect for 2-3 months. A PRP Facial can give you a significant improvement in sun spots and uneven pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, skin texture and tone. It can help you correct skin damage from aging and sun exposure and give you soft smooth skin.
Experience the PRP Facial Hype
- This skin rejuvenation treatment uses your body’s own amazing healing power to restore collagen and elastin production.
- Using your platelet-rich plasma (PRP) paired with a microneedling technique, we can help smooth and even your skin’s texture & tone.
- With minimal downtime, you will be back on your feet with gorgeous glowing skin in no time!
- The PRP improves blood flow to the face and even forms new blood vessels, ensuring you maintain a youthful look for months.
How Do PRP Facials Work?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if a PRP Facial is right for me?
- Uneven skin texture and tone can occur as a result of diminished blood flow – making you look tired or worn. A PRP Facial can help address skin quality, texture, and tone! Additionally, if you have fine wrinkles or sunken areas on your face you’d like to address, a PRP Facial may be for you. The treatment is safe for all skin types.
What happens during the treatment?
- Before we begin, we ensure your skin is numbed with a topical anesthetic to minimize any discomfort during the procedure. We also gently draw about 11mL of blood from your arm. We spin your blood in a centrifuge to extract the PRP and we begin microneedling your face while delivering the PRP onto the face as well. We instruct you to not wash the PRP from your face until the following morning to allow it to continue to heal the skin.
Is there any downtime associated with a PRP Facial?
- There is minimal downtime with PRP Facials. Following the procedure, some swelling, redness, and bruising is expected. However, most patients return to work the next day. We recommend you avoid sunlight and UV exposure for a day or two after the procedure and use sunscreen anytime you go outside.
When will I see results?
- You will notice changes to your skin tone and texture right away. Optimal results of the treatment, however, will reveal themselves over the next three months after the procedure when newly formed collagen and elastin has lifted and firmed your face.
How long do the results last?
Many patients enjoy the visible results of their PRP Facial for 12-24 months following the procedure.